Are you looking to start a podcast as part of your content marketing strategy? I’ve created a kit to help you get everything you need to record a professional sounding podcast without breaking the bank. Check it out below! And don’t miss my 3 tips for recording a successful Podcast interview at the end.
While you are here, and since I know your to do list is huge, download this free guide with the complete all-in-one time-saving toolkit for busy entrepreneurs just like you!
We all know how important audio quality is to the success of your Podcast. However, nowadays you don’t need a recording studio or professional equipment to start a professional sounding podcast. There are products available that you can take with you in a backpack that can provide you the same amount of quality, for a fraction of the price.
How to Create a Professional Sounding Podcast at a Low Price
Here is my kit for starting a professional sounding podcast for under $130 USD. This will set you up to start recording your first podcast and taking your content marketing to the next level. With these products, you’ll be able to take your podcast with you everywhere you go, ensuring you high quality audio every time.
P.S. I am not being compensated for the sale of any of these products, I just want to share with you the best tools I’ve come across.
First things first, grab yourself a USB microphone that can plug right into your computer to get that pro sound. My recommendation is the Audio-Tecnica ATR-2100. It’s one of the best in the market and recommended by man experts and Podcasters alike. The microphone comes with everything you need, including a small tripod desk stand, and USB and XLR cables.
Audio-Technica ATR-2100 USB Microphon
– Cost: $66.95 USD
– Product: https://tinyurl.com/ya6g5u26
2) Boom Arm
A Boom Arm offers much more flexibility than a regular microphone stand, adding quality to your audio as you record and move around the microphone as necessary.
Boom Scissor Stand
– Cost: $13.50
3) Shock Mount
The Shock Mount suspends the microphone in the air so that any vibrations from the desk, arm, computer etc do not affect the audio nor can be heard.
On-Stage MY240 Studio Shock Mount
– Cost: $34.95
– Product: https://tinyurl.com/y9e6obkn
4) Pop Filter
The Pop Filter offers much better clarity when you are speaking, especially with words containing “b” and “p” sounds.
DragonPad Pop Filter
– Cost: $13.42
– Product: https://tinyurl.com/y7vj58mf
You see? Not everything has to hurt your wallet. If you are serious about wanting to start a podcast as part of your content marketing strategy, these products will be an essential investment to make. Especially if you want your podcast to be successful and for people to truly enjoy it.
Podcast Interview Tips
As promised, here are 3 tips to keep in mind when recording to your first interview:
- Make sure your guest is informed and you both are on the same page.
- Send your interviewee a list of questions that you intend on sharing with them before the interview so as not to surprise them with anything. Before you begin to record, give them a little rundown on the agenda for a quick refresh.
- Don’t always stick to your questions and see how deep you can go.
- The idea of an interview is to pull stories out of your guests. Don’t be afraid to stray away from the script if you find an interesting topic that you didn’t expect. Chances are, if you find it interesting so does your audience!
- Be curious and learn.
- Don’t be afraid to sit back and learn. Ask those interesting, out of the box questions. You are speaking with an expert, so now is your chance to dig as deep as you want. Do it!